Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampire the Masquerade 3.0 - Dark Ages -> Future

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vampire the Masquerade 3.0 - Dark Ages -> Future - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire the Masquerade 3.0 - Dark Ages -> Future

Post by ^^Truth 24th January 2009, 3:19 am

Yes.

This game and the way I'm running it is newbie friendly. Because you will all know as much as your characters (when we begin). Absolutley nothing.

Which also means no reading required =)

Everything should be explained slowly in game. So you (the player) will learn it all as your PC learns it all.

Nice setup, eh?

^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Vampire the Masquerade 3.0 - Dark Ages -> Future - Page 2 Empty Re: Vampire the Masquerade 3.0 - Dark Ages -> Future

Post by The Dark Power 24th January 2009, 3:34 am

Sounds good to me. Will I need to type? Is there some way we can rig a microphone so I can just talk to you guys.

Also if you can pop over and pour diet coke into my mouth whenever we're playing, that'd be cool too.

Cheers.
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 24th January 2009, 3:56 am

lol.

Lazy cunt.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! 24th January 2009, 4:28 am

I'd be on board for dis shits.

EVEN THOUGH JOE STOLE MY VIKING IDEA Sad Very Happy
#1!
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 24th January 2009, 4:30 am

WOOOOOOOO! JOE GOT THE UBER FORUM TITLEZ!!! Very Happy

Grats!
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! 24th January 2009, 4:30 am

I too notice that Joe is a ninja with the honey.

I am jealous beyond words.
#1!
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 24th January 2009, 11:23 am

I ROCK!
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 24th January 2009, 8:26 pm

Joe. by the power invested in me by the super nazi council of forum admins. I hereby bestow upon you SIX GOLDEN BEERS.. and title of NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Congratulations, that title is now yours for eternity!

Who will find the next super special hidden title?
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 25th January 2009, 11:30 pm

Alright. The first thing you all need to do is come up with a basic group idea you can all work with/are happy with.

There's little point everyone going off independantly and making PCs because they might not work at all together.

It's great me getting a muslim assassin, french knight, scanadavian hunter and a prussian merchant, but in theory it doesn't work together at all and would cause me unlimited balls ache, probably enough balls ache that my enthusiasm would quickly drain.

To make sure the game actually works - and long term too - the PCs need to be capable of quite easily meeting each other, entering the rough same circles and not immediately be at odds due to religion or culture.

Once they've initially met up and things have moved along a little, I couldn't care less how they develope, as long as there isn't a big PC war.

The sort of things to be decided is..

1. Rough religion of the group - Pagan, Muslim, Christian basically

2. Geographical area

I'll give you all sometime to come to some form of compromise, I don't expect you all to manage this, so I'll give it a little bit before I force a geographical location upon the group. The location mostly sorts out the religion anyway.

It will likely be France if you can't make up your minds. But that also allows spanish, germanic, italien, polish and england etc PCs.

Starting date will be 1146. Look up the time period on wikipedia is you know nothing about it and have some time.

A few things of interest to look up maybe.

Crusades.
France/Italy/Venice/Holy Roman Empire - Whatever is appriopriate.
Any profession or group related to your PC I.E. Inquisition, Crusaders (knight templars, teutonic knights etc), catholic church etc.

I think that's about it for now. Look forward to seeing the bizarre collection of a french poet, an egyptian assassin, a leper beggar and the King of Norway.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 25th January 2009, 11:57 pm

OK, just off the top of my head, I quite like the idea of playing a christian crusader. Am flexible if anyone has other ideas for starting location.

I'm fucked if I'm playing a frenchman though Wink
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 26th January 2009, 12:17 am

France is the most powerful nation in Europe. The monarch in England is French. They speak French in England.

Get used to it =)

English peasants still do talk English though.

Also, to add, it doesn't mean EVERYONE has to be christian crusaders, but crusaders were generally nobility. Thus you'd be a noble one way or another, thus you have picked a class to belong to.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 26th January 2009, 12:59 am

Yeah I had a feeling it was around that time period. Bollocks.

Can we set it 100 years earlier? ;0)
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 26th January 2009, 7:57 am

Norman. Not French.

William the Conqueror was absolutely 100% NOT French. He is descended from already strong ties with the Normans, being as King Edward the Confessor is the son of Emma, daughter of the Duke of Normandy.

In the modern day this may seem like a petty distinction, however in the politics of the period it was very important. They don't even speak proper French, but Anglo-Norman, their own particular dialect.

If they had been actually French, then all the wars with France (100 years war, Agincourt etc) would not have taken place.
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 26th January 2009, 8:19 am

Stephen of Blois is the current King of England (1135-1154) and was born in France. Thus he is French.

Yeah, he is the last "Norman King of England" but Normandy is in France as well, so it's basically French.

It doesn't matter too much though. I don't plan on trying to be 100% accurate with history (unless it's an important detail for a part of a stoy), because that would require far too much reading of wikipedia.

Anyway. Stephen is succeeded by Henry II in 1154 whom is French. So, whilst 8 years out, the statement stands.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 26th January 2009, 10:30 am

The Duchy of Normandy isn't France.

King Stephen and even Henry II may have been French (arguable Norman) but House Plantaganet was NOT the ruling house of France.

Henry II is:

King of England (1154–1189), Count of Anjou, Duke of Normandy, Duke of Aquitaine, Duke of Gascony, Count of Nantes, Lord of Ireland

but never King of France.

He is Norman by descent, great grandson of William the Conqueror through his mother, the Empress Maude and is the first of the Plantaganet Kings, whilst France is (and has been for several hundred years) ruled by the Capetian Dynasty and in 1135 that means Louis VI.

It's important to know that they are two separate nations, with separate Kings and Nobility, which is the top and bottom of what I am trying to make clear. England is NOT part of France, it's people are speaking olde English in the main, the nobility speaking Anglo-Norman.

And the International Language is of course Latin.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 26th January 2009, 10:37 am