Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D 3.5 - Desert of Desolation

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D&D 3.5 - Desert of Desolation - Page 2 Empty Re: D&D 3.5 - Desert of Desolation

Post by ^^Truth 7th January 2010, 10:14 pm

Btw. Since everyone said they had Friday/Saturday available..

Any chance of a shortish interlude/introduction session on Friday, before the real session on Sat?

Thought two games in a row quickly might get the campaign off to a good start.

^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

D&D 3.5 - Desert of Desolation - Page 2 Empty Re: D&D 3.5 - Desert of Desolation

Post by Tromador 7th January 2010, 10:26 pm

I thought (and said so) that it was a stupid idea at the time. Now I'm not going to get into a hissy fit about this, but as you rightly point out, you've been out of touch with magic for ages, so hopefully this experience will help you get some perspective the next time you consider waving the nerf bat at wizards!!

Really I have Friday OR Saturday as I promised Trish I would give her an uber long session of playing LotRO before I have to return to work next week and get back onto a sensible sleep pattern - however, I will speak to her this evening and if she is agreeable, I'll run a SHORT intro (couple of hours) on Friday prior to the main event on Saturday.

I don't see any point doing it unless all are available, but if so, then Trish being amenable (and she probably will) then I'll do from say 6:30pm UK to 9pm(ish).

On a completely unrelated note, as I type this, next door's irritating kids have been charging up and down the stairs like fucking elephants, screaming and shouting in a way which I figured can only end in tears. As I can now hear grizzling noises, I suspect that game is at an end and the building will stop shaking.
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 7th January 2010, 10:34 pm

Heh, well.

It's not nerfing wizards, because it affects druids and clerics also, it was nerfing the spell. Whatever the reason, it made sense at the time, but that doesn't matter. Then again, you never saw Videl, so...

I just need some kind of decision to be made. It could be campaign specific, or permanent, I don't really care.

As I said, I can do basically the same thing with unseen servant, but unseen servant isn't as good for role-playing. (although long term it's properly better due to duration).
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 7th January 2010, 10:42 pm

Sorry, I intended to indicate I was quite happy to revert Monster Summoning to normal usage in this campaign at least. And yes, I never saw Videl...
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 7th January 2010, 10:46 pm

Ah, thank you.

I really didn't want to pick up unseen servant. It lasts too long and does menial crap that she should be doing herself.

Lets decide whether to keep, or loose, the houserule after it.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 7th January 2010, 11:16 pm

im happy with switching back in this case. but we DO have a problem here with the way these spells work out in more usual cases. fuck me if i can say what the solution is mind.

i think the mooted 1 round gap between the monster appearing and acting is worth sticking with though.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 7th January 2010, 11:17 pm

oh! and im due to be going out for a bite to eat friday with the parents, its a good idea to do something, but any chance it can be 2100 onwards?
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 7th January 2010, 11:21 pm

9pm onwards would probably work better for Zert, but more importantly, where's the log? I wanna have a look over it myself Very Happy
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 7th January 2010, 11:22 pm

I'll just say this here, since it's the forum thread monitored right now.

I'm going to be making a new DIR in the storyline section for old game logs. It's getting a bit messy in there.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 7th January 2010, 11:39 pm

2100 is a bit of an arse on Trish, given I've already promised her my Friday evening. If everyone is available at that time I'll ask her if she minds for a couple of hours but it's her time to donate.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 8th January 2010, 2:10 am

Well see what Zerty says innit. He'll be about later at some point, cos he has to finish his PC as it is.

Otherwise. Mike, take them out an hour earlier innit. It's not like you have a day packed with activities.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 8th January 2010, 3:05 am

already am taking them out earlier fella. i could be available a bit before 9, it all depends on how it takes the cunts to warm my raw steak up.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 8th January 2010, 6:42 am

I've managed to locate my original DoD book, which is going to make life easier Smile

And... Trish says you lot can have a couple of hours of her time tomorrow. So a short session from 2100UK is on.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by #1! 8th January 2010, 3:39 pm

When the option of Friday or Saturday was given, I...kinda said that Saturday was preferable.

So, no Friday for me.
#1!
#1!
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 8th January 2010, 4:09 pm

Ok... well.. No matter. I've had an idea, so I'll run something for Mike & Iain.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 8th January 2010, 10:19 pm

lovely. will there be a lot of vorpal swords to find?
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2