Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenloft - Stanislav Kuzmenko

4 posters

Go down

Ravenloft  - Stanislav Kuzmenko Empty Ravenloft - Stanislav Kuzmenko

Post by Tromador 29th December 2011, 5:58 am

Ravenloft  - Stanislav Kuzmenko Stanislav3

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 9 (+2 when 'young')

Race: Human
Alignment: Undisclosed
Class: Wizard
Level: 7th
Class: Dark Wizard
Level: 1st
Experience Points:

Hit Points : 25 (-1)
Armour Class: 12 (Studded Leather+3, -1 Dex)
Base Attack Bonus: +5

Fortitude Save: +5
Reflex Save: +1
Will Save: +8

Feats

Endurance, Diehard, Self Sufficient, Track, Point Blank Shot

Skills
Spellcraft: 8 (+4) (+2 synergy) (+2)
Knowledge(Arcana): 5 (+4) (+3)
Knowledge(Nature): 5 (+4) (+2 synergy)
Profession(Cart Driver): 4 (+1)
Survival: 7 (+1) (+2 synergy (above ground)) (+2 feat)
Concentration: 6 (+1)
Heal: 8 (+1) (+2 feat) (+3)
Search: 3 (+4)
Spot: 4 (+1)
Listen: 2 (+1)
Intimidate: 4 (+1) (+4)
Ride: (-1) (+3)

Languages: English, Russian, Latin

Sex: Male
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 74Kg

Base Equipment:

MW Black Studded Leather
-- Includes wolf skull shoulderpads & belt with wolf skull buckle and dog skulls @ hips.
Enchanted Shortsword.
Flintlock Pistol
Circle of the Raven Pin
Healer/Doctor instruments
Good Quality Outdoor Clothing (Black)
Mysterious Cabin in the Woods
Mother's books.

"I was born in Nartok in the realm of Darkon, into what seemed to be a simple and carefree childhood. Father was a sergeant in the town garrison and Mother a healer of the sick and injured. An idyllic life with two respected parents, shattered by the arrival of the Priest. Using lies and dark words such as "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live!" He turned the locals against Mother, until finally one day when Father was away with his duties the Priest whipped up a mob who burned Mother at the stake. I watched as the flames rose about her, heard her screams of agony and though still young, my innocence died, replaced with empty pain. Father arrived in time to save me and slew the Priest in his fury, but it was too late for Mother. I learned that day to distrust all who profess to hold religious beliefs, such people are duplicitous and self serving, seeking only the power they can gain over others in the name of whichever god or power they represent.

After this life was harder, Father thought to train me to join him in the guard, but you cannot simply give a boy a sword and hope to make a soldier. I never did gain any real aptitude with weapons, though the endless drill and physical activity demanded of a recruit knocked my growing body into shape and I am pleased to say I have at least managed to keep physically fit as I have grown. Instead it was the forests which held my interest. Mother had left behind her books on herbs, plants and their uses and I would delight in sneaking away from my training to study and explore amongst the trees, though only ever during daylight, naturally. Finally father gave up trying to instil soldiering into me and I spent more and more time outside the town, learning the ways of the woods.

Father had been seconded to spend a few months in Rivalis and so I decided to leave Nartok, heading out into the forests I had grown to love. I'm really not sure quite why, as the woods can be dangerous, the dead walk amongst the trees and take no pity upon the living. Still, I chose to walk away from the safety of civilisation and into the wilds. I wonder now, if Mother had left me more than a couple of books, because with almost unerring steps I came upon a log cabin, long since unoccupied and fallen into disrepair. Within I found more books, carefully stored, some obviously in Mother's hand, some apparently older and amongst them, books of magic. Perhaps Mother had been a witch, but even so, there's no reason to burn people alive for healing the sick. I began to study the books and found that within me, there was spark of power that I could call, certainly one way or another I was a wizard.

I have made a living these past few seasons as a trapper, learning more about the ways of the forest and how to live in balance within it. I have repaired the cabin, where mother must once have dwelt and head into town on occasion to sell my furs and buy whatever provisions I require, as well as visiting Father, now a grizzled and respected veteran who is looking forward to his well earned retirement. The dead, those few I have seen, seem to tolerate my presence and I choose not to disturb them, though I have on occasion found grisly evidence that they do not suffer all to pass beneath the trees as I do. I spend the remainder of my time in study of my mother's books. For now I am content, though the magical secrets have proven scant in nature. Some of the words do hint at places where more such knowledge might be found, clues perhaps I might choose to follow one day.

--- 6 years later ---

A pebble dropped in a pond creates ripples, that expand ever outwards and the water has no choice but to move and flex. Whatever paths I might have wished to walk are now beyond my reach, at least for the future as I can read it. I have a new family and a new road, a black road upon which I am now forced to walk.
For the briefest moment, there was sunshine in my life, just long enough to know that joy, and to feel the loss of it. We are hunted, we magi. The forces that serve 'him' hunt and seek to kill us. My mother is gone and my sister returned from deaths cold embrace. Wraithtouched and at war, I submit and embrace the darkness.

4th Level - +1 Int, +1 Spellcraft, +1 K(Arcana), +1 K(Nature), +1 Survival, +1 Heal
5th Level - +3hp, +1 Search, +1 Spellcraft, +1 Heal, +1 Survival, +1 Spot, Feat: Point blank shot.
Special - +1 Survival
6th Level - +1 Int, +2 Spellcraft, +1 K(Arcana), +1 Heal, +1 Concentration,
7th Level - +2hp +1 Spellcraft, +1 Heal, +1 Spot, +1 Profession (Carter), +1 Concentration
8th Level - TIMEOUT
Dark Wizard PrC Level 1, +1 Int, +4 Intimidate, +1 Knowledge (Arcana), +1 Concentration
+15 Skill Points - +4 Intimidate, +3 Heal, Knowledge (Arcana) +3, Spellcraft +2, Ride +3

Last edited by Tromador on 10th June 2012, 5:28 am; edited 41 times in total (Reason for editing : Level 8 - Post Timeout)
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Ravenloft  - Stanislav Kuzmenko Empty Re: Ravenloft - Stanislav Kuzmenko

Post by ^^Truth 29th December 2011, 6:20 am

Grunthos, living legend.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 4th January 2012, 1:08 am

Finally finished writing up this fellow.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 4th January 2012, 1:24 am

Nice background. Good read and makes sense.

Stanislav is obviously quite weak and with the chain shirt he'll probably be in medium encumbrance most of the time. You might want to consider that.

I'm working on a change to the magic system, because of the current forms innate complexity; mostly in regards to balance, but will contact you privately about that later today or tomorrow.

It's not a huge change.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 4th January 2012, 5:54 am

^^Truth wrote:Stanislav is obviously quite weak and with the chain shirt he'll probably be in medium encumbrance most of the time. You might want to consider that.

Urk. I'll have to make him stronger - the usual wizards in dresses don't have to care about it, but medium enc counts as medium armour for the purposes of abilities, so I'll be screwed for spellcasting, even if I drop down to lighter armour, it could be an issue. I'll think about it and rebalance somewhere.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 4th January 2012, 11:57 am

Tweaks per the above and Baat's email.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 9th June 2012, 3:08 am

Big update following the timeout
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 10th June 2012, 2:56 am

Stanislav's Bloody Blade

This long and tapered short sword is enchanted to produce wounds that bleed profusely. It's effects are cruel and cause lingering, slow deaths from wounds that are almost impossible to treat.

Short Sword +1. Special Wounding.

It bypasses all damage reduction and causes 1 point of Con damage per strike on the victim. These wounds then bleed steadily for a further 1 point of Con damage each hour for the next 1d10 hours. New wounds stack on old.

A single heal check at DC20 is required to cease the bleeding and one successful check on the patient suffices for all existing wounds caused by this weapon. Following failures a new heal check can be attempted on a single persons wound(s) once per hour. Magical healing of any kind ceases the bloody flow.

Ravenloft  - Stanislav Kuzmenko Yataghan1
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnBoy 10th June 2012, 3:23 am

*steals*
JohnBoy
JohnBoy
ZzZzap! Spaceman!
ZzZzap! Spaceman!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 10th June 2012, 3:30 am

Now, now, no stealing, that's how TPK happens.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down