Baatorian's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D - Sword Coast - The Lord and The Rat

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D&D - Sword Coast - The Lord and The Rat Empty D&D - Sword Coast - The Lord and The Rat

Post by ^^Truth 17th December 2008, 12:27 am

You all step outside into the light drifting rain. The sky is cloudy and dark, the rain and wind cold. Your backs are warm from the festhall, likely the last time any of you would dare to eat inside without art that protects from massive intakes of Wyvern Venom.

"I dislike him..." Arman hisses coldly, staring across the relatively empty streets. People shuffle and dash quickly around with their business, trying to avoid the worst of wind and rain.

"Wyvern, split up for a few hours, make sure we're not followed.." he states, before walking off taking the first left away from the festhall and nicer area of Waterdeeps merchant district.

A moment passes before you all leave, together or in drabs and begin your ways through the busy streets of Waterdeep. Some of you backtrack a little, get lost in the streets and busy markets, some of you march directly through the streets and back to The Wyvern, the end result is mostly the same however.

The last of you pushes the door open to The Wyvern and steps inside. A fire burns, not the brightest and fullest in the world, but it's a lot warmer than outside, although the weather has seemed to improve a great deal in the last week.

Eventually you're all sat around at table, tucked away in a dark corner with various unlabeled bottles scattered across the table.

"So...?" asks Arman as he sucks lazily on his bong.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

http://baatorian.ripz.org/

Back to top Go down

D&D - Sword Coast - The Lord and The Rat Empty Re: D&D - Sword Coast - The Lord and The Rat

Post by The Dark Power 17th December 2008, 12:46 am

'I smells conspiracies!' says Kota, pounding a fist on the table to accentuate his point. Mort goes missing then Malaki sends us into the hornets nest? We're being set up as fall guys - the Nightmasks'll get wind of us asking questions about Mort, shiftin suspicion from Malaki! He's making it look like we double crossed him and them and we've walked right into it! Bet you that Kagaal fellas right on it now, sending word back to 'em! They're all in league I tells ya!

Think we'd be best getting Limnoch to pay a visit to his old employers in the mortuary, and while he's there he can magically interrogate some o' the dead guards, find out what they saw. Meantimes, suggest we get outta here, into Skullport, talk to them ratmen Kagaal mentioned. Then we goes into hiding!'

Edit Baat : If you want to write in your italics, use [ ], not < >, the latter is for OpenR.

Edit TDP<> is html, still seems to work though........

Edit Baat : Maybe it's browser settings, I don't know, but it all looks like this to me, including all your recent posts http://baatorian.ripz.org/italics.jpg - ruins the feel for me a little is all, maybe it's just me.

Interesting....... I'm using Firefox and it all looks normal. You on IE? Safari? I'll change 'em to square brackets anyway.

Edit Baat : Latest version of firefox. No idea.

Last edited by The Dark Power on 17th December 2008, 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

D&D - Sword Coast - The Lord and The Rat Empty Re: D&D - Sword Coast - The Lord and The Rat

Post by Tromador 17th December 2008, 12:54 am

Limnoch shakes his head. "Summoning the spirits of the dead back to their bodies for conversation is the work of a priest, not a wizard. I can make the body get up and walk, but that is a different gift, yes? Yes. And Kagaal said 'The Ratman' yes? Yes I think he did... I think he meant one person..."
Tromador
Tromador
Burnination in my Pantination

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 17th December 2008, 12:59 am

'Alright, make 'em walk then we beats a confession outta them!
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 17th December 2008, 3:20 am

"If you think you can beat a confession out of a mindless zombie, you are welcome to try." Answers Limnoch drily.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 17th December 2008, 5:21 am

Saamech sits, nursing a midday pick-me-up, looking somewhat depressed.

'I think Kota has a point. As I said before we started running around looking for this Mort on behalf of these Night Masks, its just as likely Malaki is trying to manipulate us.'

'But after upsetting the heretics we are committed now. So we go to Skullport and, look for "Ratman"??.....'

Saamech looks sceptical, and scratches his head in thought.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 17th December 2008, 6:41 am

"So aside from attempting to beat sense into zombies.. skullport. I have business in skullport regardless, perhaps I can look into that if it takes us a while to find whomever we're supposed to be looking for... or whatever.." Arman hisses.

".. infact I have a few items of interest to attend to whilst here.." he adds after a moment of consideration.

Arman pauses for a moment to suck upon his bong, exhaling a thin trail of smoke lazily towards his lap, before looking up to the door of The Wyvern in respond to a brief chilly draft that washes the room.

The door of the inn shuts lightly and a man, pale-skinned with dark eyes and hair turns, examines the room briefly before directly approaching the table that houses you all.

The man is without doubt, the man from High Interceptor Kagaal's table in the festhall.

"Kill Kagaal" he states firmly, not wasting any time or mincing his words.

The pale-skin waits, looking a little impatient yet relaxed, spending only the briefest of moments to examine the tavern.

Arman, in respond frowns heavily, yet continues to suck upon his bong silently.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 18th December 2008, 12:06 am

Limnoch studies the man for a moment, slugs a good size glug of what passes for 'the good stuff', in the Wyvern and blinks once, slowly.

"Breakfast with a man in the morning, commission strangers to kill him before lunch, I wonder what you will accomplish by dinner, hmm? Yes, I think that would be very interesting indeed."

The wizard gestures to include his companions. "We do have pressing business elsewhere, yes? Yes, I think we do. Perhaps you want to explain why you want Kagaal dead and why we would be interested."

Limnoch makes eye contact briefly with the man before pouring himself another drink and easing back into his seat.
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 18th December 2008, 3:38 am

The man studies Limnoch for a moment, before reaching inside his cloak. He removes a tiny minature chair, which he then places on the floor close to the table.

You all watch as the chair rapidly grows into a rather regal looking chair, not quite a throne per say, but it's certainly very plush and jewelled. He sits.

"Myself and Kagaal were unable to come to a suitable agreement with certain aspect of business in mind. When suitable agreements cannot be reached it's usually best to start afresh with a new face. Naturally I mean his successor."

"Usually it's easier if the hired state their demands, but I'll throw out a bone since I don't have very long to discuss this matter before I leave Waterdeep.."
he states in a business like manner.

"Since I know nothing about any of you, I'll work off of some assumptions.. the first would be that there are mages amongst you somewhere, so perhaps spell scrolls or a wand, I will assume there are more martially inclined, so perhaps an enchanted weapon.." he begins looking thoughtful.

".. or how about something more exotic? Demon summoning rituals? Formulas to create undead minions? Perhaps simply a favourable view point from myself, to yourselves, in future would suffice?" he barters, never smiling, just business.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 18th December 2008, 3:47 am

"Nice trick, nice chair, yes? Yes, very useful I think. Interesting offers..." Limnoch pauses thoughtfully. "Offers which get all our attentions, I am sure, yes?"

Limnoch glances around at his companions, without really waiting for any kind of agreement.

"Yes, I think such offers are the kind which could buy our services."

He pauses again, to take a sip of his drink, swilling it around his mouth for a moment before pulling a face. "We come to this tavern still for what reason? Bad business.. very bad..." His attention returns to the seated visitor. "Then again, we have learned, especially of late, that grand offers can come with unfortunate stings in their tails, yes? Yes we have... terribly bad business... Who are you then to make such offers, hmm? Yes.. maybe you have a magic chair, but why would we seek your favour hmm?"
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 18th December 2008, 4:06 am

"Taore, Archmage of Vaasa" he states as he curls his fingers around the jewelled skulls that make up the handrests of his magical "chair".
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 18th December 2008, 4:08 am

Saamech blinks a few times after the chair trick and observes the newcomer with a flicker of interest.

'So, you are a magic user. And powerful, or at least good at appearing powerful enough.'

'Before we do any deals we will need to know a few details; why you want Kagaal dead, and perhaps whom you work for, and if thats yourself, what you really want in the end out of this.'

Saamech pauses, considering with an intake of breath before resuming in a conversational tone.

'You may have guessed we have our own concerns, which is the reason we are here in Waterdeep. If we help you we will be neglecting them. I wonder, is there any way that these interests can co-incide with Kagaals murder?'

'Of course we dont know you well enough to provide many details of our problem. And you obviously dont trust us enough to reveal much about your plans. So we have a little dilemma, dont we?'

illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 18th December 2008, 6:56 am

"I have explained why I want Kagaal dead, to be exact however, the Banites are bringing back rare and unique art from Mazitca, it's being transported mostly here, to Waterdeep, he sought fit to instead please others than myself when deciding upon the final destination and decides instead to roll lies within lies.... typical really..." Taore explains slowly and whilst keeping a straight business like face, does seem to appear to grow increasingly angry, judging by his now white knuckles clutching the gemed skulls.

"I know precisely where he will be in a couple of days regardless, so it's just a matter of finalising the deal, poetically would be nice, perhaps with a twist of irony... but I'll settle for a hammer to the skull and a large glob of acid upon his gentalia.."

"So, what precisely is it I can pay your little coterie?"
he asks, looking relatively relaxed with a small exceptions of removing an hour-glass from within a pouch that it could not have possibly have fit within. He looks upon the hourglass, what looks like blood perhaps, drips down slowly, it appears to be mostly empty, or out of time, as it were.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 19th December 2008, 6:17 am

Saamech weighs it up for a few moments before cheerily answering.

'Consider me interested. Art and a little cash would be enough to entice me, it kinda depends on what you have. Failing that, scrolls are always interesting. I am a sorcerer and I appreciate the versatility that some of those can bring...'
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 19th December 2008, 7:01 am

"Gold is a not an option I'm afraid, it's far too valueable a commodity for social and political pursuits.. art is acceptable, I have old things I no longer require that I am sure you would all appreciate.." Taore states, before looking skywards in thought.

"I have a few items I no longer need from my adventuring days that you may all appreciate for the service, a wand of teleportation perhaps, I used to use it with my old group, that makes it capable of transporting up to five individuals.. what else.."

"I have a collection of scrolls I have acquired that I do not need, perhaps useful to yourself, you would be welcome to them and an old sword, a greatsword that burns with the fires of hell. Whichever you would all prefer, I care little for the lot."

"That or, as said, we can consider this a favour of kinds and I would then look more favourably in the future upon yourselves."
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 19th December 2008, 12:03 pm

Kota suddenly looks interested 'A great sword that burns wi' the fires o' hell ya say?, haha, now yer talkin.

Dangerous neighbourhood this, full o' hoodlums, full o' nutters',
he grins leaning close, 'can't be too careful can ya? Ill fate should it be that ya Kagarl would run into a bunch o' cunts intent on is gizard.

Folks'll look over, say 'he shoulda been careful in a neighbourhood such as this, wearin such finery when all abouts 'im vultures prey'. I'll take yer man down, shiv 'im real good if that be yer wont. In return you gimme yer hellsword and we be quits'
Kota grins.
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 20th December 2008, 1:32 am

"Excellent then" Taore replies, smiling very briefly for the first time, although it appeared a more polite smile.

"Well then, you all know the terms anyway, kill Kagaal and we'll work out the details later" he says picking himself up, he taps the top of his chair, which then shrinks back to a minature.

The blood-like liquid within the hour glass has nearly drained away.

"Right, well, I don't expect you to kill him in the hopes that I will return and pay you out of honour, so.." he says holding out his hand, to which the minature chair then floats from the floor into his outstretched palm.

"Keep this for now as assurance I will return and upkeep my end of the bargain. Understand, I want it back, if it's damaged or destroyed, then it will be your payment and I won't be very happy either"

"You may use it if you wish, just place it on the floor and will it to enlarge... I will be checking that the gems are still woven into the frame.." he says placing the minature upon the table, he then picks up his hourglass, looks at it with a smallish frown, before placing away inside a small belt pouch.

"Kagaal will be at the Rendor Manor in a few days time for a little party, nobles and the like, I woudln't suggest randomly throwing fireballs in however, you never know who you're talking to.." he says offering a second quick smile, this time he seems to be genuinely amused for a moment however.

"Anything else before I leave for Vaasa?"
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 20th December 2008, 1:40 am

"Art, yes? Yes, fine. Simply ensure there is something for me and something for Arman here when you return, yes? Yes, something for everyone."
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 20th December 2008, 5:28 am

"Well, we have a base agreement for payment of a magical sword, we'll work out the details properly once Kagaal is dead and I meet back up with you all."

"I have to leave now anyway, my time has about run out, until we meet again then..."
he says before speaking several words of power, after the last a circle of blue light appears swirling beneath his feet along with a strong wind that builds up around him, flickering hair and cloaks to the side and an instant later he's gone, zipped down into the blue circle which then closes on itself.

Upon the table, sits a tiny miniature throne.

Last edited by ^^Truth on 20th December 2008, 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tromador 20th December 2008, 5:38 am

Limnoch nods slowly.

"Well, of course, I didn't actually agree to any bargain of any kind. So Kota... As you have entered into this deal, you must take the throne, yes? Yes and care for it. How long will you need to complete your commission, we have urgent business in Skullport, yes? Yes, I believe we do."
Tromador
Tromador

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 20th December 2008, 12:24 pm

Kota looks over 'Eh? What the fack you on about wizard? Doin this meself am I? Fuck that! Take yer chair yerself I don't want the damn thing' Kota picks up the miniature chair and sticks it on the table near Limnoch, 'did you an' Saamech not just ask for some art fer yerselves? Wand of teleportation not to yer liking? Short fuckin memory! The mage leaves before anyone gets a word in edgeways and suddenly you can't be arsed? If I'm fightin' banites by meself you can fend off the fuckin Nightmasks by yerself!'. Kota doesn't look happy. He glowers at Limnoch with eyes that aren't there.
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 20th December 2008, 10:32 pm

Saamech looks baffled and mildly amused by the odd outburst, but just sits, saying nothing.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by ^^Truth 20th December 2008, 10:49 pm

Arman slowly exhales a dual trail of smoke from his nostrils, looking amongst his companions with a light frown.

"There's little point in us aruging amongst ourselves, either we kill Kagaal or we do not, I would imagine he would rather fancy killing us anyway after embarrassing him at the festhall as we did.."

"If interest is now lacking, then I will kill him myself when I have some free time and reap the rewards myself, murder is what I am good at after all"

"However, Kota, should you wish this blade that the wizard offered, then I am happy with that, as long as you compensate me in someway or another..."
Arman says putting his bong down for a moment.

"Either way, I do believe he said something on the lines of working the details out when he returns, which leads me to believe that any final payment is not written in ink just yet.."

Arman then picks up his tankard, swigging wine.
^^Truth
^^Truth
Super Nazi Admin
Super Nazi Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dark Power 20th December 2008, 10:54 pm

'What you suddenly not interested in a wand or a bunch o' scrolls eever?', Kota asks seeing Saamech' grin, 'I named my price on the basis we're all taking this geezer on, not my fault if the bloody mage vanishes the minute I finished speakin!

Yeah yer right Arman, he did say we'd work out the details when Kagaals dead, but then I guess if I'm doing it meself the wand and scrolls are mine too eh and nuthin' to work out?

If the sword's summink good and I can wield it then yeah I'll compensate everyone from future loot we pick up or kit I already have, if not it goes in the pot for us all, trade it for some art, or whisky or summink. Don't quite get why Limnoch suddenly finks it's my problem alone????'
The Dark Power
The Dark Power
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!
NiNJA! WiT' tEh H0nEYZ!

Back to top Go down

Post by illumination 22nd December 2008, 5:54 am

Saamech sighs and begins speaking in reasonable tones...

'Gentlemen, gentlemen. Let us not bicker over details such as these. We have been working together with great success for several winters now, need I remind ye we have been becoming very wealthy and powerful together...'

'Killing Kagaal is a pleasure as far as I am concerned, and if it earns one of our warriors a powerful blade into the bargain, thats reason enough for me.'

'We should move past this pettyness men, we all profit if one of us advances in power. I am certain if we all have this attitude that the goods will even themselves out in the end... I say we assasinate this heretic, and as the good Arman says, if others demand a slice the details can still be worked out later.'

Saamech sits back, folding his hands on his lap.
illumination
illumination
VOTE NAZI TANK!
VOTE NAZI TANK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next